Latest Processing Facility Assault Demonstrates 'Zero Secure Places in the Russian Distant Backlines'
Ukrainian UAVs have struck Russia's Bashneft refinery in the city of Ufa, located around 1,400 kilometers from the Ukrainian border, causing explosions and a blaze, as reported by a informed individual in the Ukrainian SBU.
This represents the third intelligence far-reaching assault in Bashkortostan in the last month. Those operations illustrate that there are no secure zones in the far hinterland of the Russian Federation.
Ukrainian President Urges Trump to Facilitate Ceasefire in the Conflict
President Zelenskyy appealed to President Trump to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict over a phone call on Saturday.
"Provided that a conflict can be halted in a particular zone, then surely further hostilities can be ended as well, encompassing the Russian aggression," he stated, commending Trump's "remarkable" Middle East ceasefire plan and urging the US president to compel the Moscow into discussions.
Russian Attacks Take Casualties in the Country
Moscow's assaults on Ukrainian territory claimed the lives of 5 individuals on Saturday and caused blackouts to parts of the southern Odesa region, according to Ukrainian officials.
Two people died in a religious building in the town when it was hit, according to local authorities.
In Russia's border region of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was lost his life by a attack from Ukraine, as stated by local officials.
Electricity Restoration Work in Kyiv
Operations continued on Saturday to recover electricity in Kyiv, after strikes by Moscow.
Electricity had been returned to over 800,000 citizens by Saturday and the biggest power firm said the primary efforts to restore power was finished though some outages continued.
Air Defence Operations and UAV Downings
The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems neutralized 54 of 78 total enemy drones sent targeting the country overnight, the air force said on the weekend.
The Russian military authorities stated it intercepted 42 enemy drones over the country's airspace.
Cuban Government Refutes Claims of Deploying Forces to the War
Havana on the weekend rejected American assertions it has sent troops to fight in the hostilities, while affirming Cuban authorities "are without exact details about individuals" involved "independently" or "as part of the armed units of either party".
The foreign ministry in the capital said twenty-six Cuban citizens had been convicted to prison terms varying between five up to fourteen years for participating as mercenaries since last September when reports spread of Cubans being deployed to the battlefield in Ukraine.
Surrender Initiative Project Discloses Data on Cuban National Enlistment
The surrender initiative, a official Kyiv project that urges enemy combatants to surrender, stated in spring: "We reliably know the names and personal details of over a thousand Cubans who entered into agreements with the Moscow's troops in the past two years."
The Cuban authorities commented of Cubans who might be participating: "Undeniably that no individual has the backing, dedication, or approval of the Cuban authorities for their actions."
Relatives of individuals who traveled to the Russian Federation in 2023 told Agence France-Presse at the time that their family members had been misled into enlisting through ads on digital networks.